Plant The Paper - Trendy Seed Paper
Plant The Paper - Seed Paper
One of our favourite trending crafts has been pressed seed papers. That is, paper with seeds embedded within them, so you can plant them, or when you discard the paper, the seeds grow out of them helping the environment.
Dentsu x Mainichi created the first green newspaper, so that you can grow plants from strips of paper, great for the environment, amazing for the community.
Here’s how you can make your own seed paper:
- Soak a bowl of striped paper, cut into small pieces in a bowl of water overnight.
- Put the paper in a blender with fresh water filled halfway, and blend until soupy.
- Fill a baking pan half-way with water and pour in the goopy mixture.
- Place a screen (embroidery screens work best) and slide it under the mixture.
- Lift the screen slowly, to gently let water drip out.
- Lay the screen on some towels to drain out excess water.
- Here is where you sprinkle the seeds on top! Add whatever flowers or herbs you like.
- When the towel has soaked up the majority of the water (usually takes a night), flip the screen over onto some wax paper to allow to dry.
This is such a fun crafts project, that you can use as beautifully thought out gifts. Make ones with your friends favourite flowers, and send them the paper with a note on it. Dye the pulp to get different coloured papers!
Check out more blog posts on SiiZU’s Diary.
Thoughts, comments, recommendations? Let us know in the comment section below!
Contribute A Story?
Let us know what you want SiiZU's Diary to cover or if you have a great story that you want to contribute/share, feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com